Darwyn Welsh Terrier Website

Monday, July 23, 2012

Darwyn gets top Terrier awards for both 2010 and 2011

BC All Terrier Club Perpetual Trophies (dating back to the '60s)
Top Terrier of the Year
Top Terrier shown in BC
Top Owner-Bred Terrier
Larisa Hotchin of 'Darwyn' was awarded these 3 top trophies for both 2010 and 2011
I have not written about the various awards that "Darwyn" has recieved over the years, and I will start compiling that list (specifically club awards from the Welsh Terrier Club of America and the BC All Terrier Club).
For now I will just reference the above 3 perpetual trophies for Top Terrier of the Year, Top Terrier shown in BC and Top Owner-Bred.  They are from the BC All Terrier Club, and have dogs dating back to the '60s. Click here to see all of the 2011 award recipients.

I am honoured that one of my dogs, Joe, (MBIS, MBISS, GCh Am & Can Ch Darwyn's I'm Not Arguing That) received 3 of the top awards for 2011 -- Top Terrier of the Year, Top Terrier shown in BC and Top Owner-Bred!

It is also thrilling that last year, another one of my dogs, Parker, (BIS, BISS, Am & Can Ch. Darwyn's Webslinger) was awarded these same 3 top awards for 2010 results

Joe continued his show career during 2012, and is currently the #1 Terrier for all of Canada and the #4 dog amongst all breeds!  Parker recently went to Australia, and he is expected to make his show debut sometime this fall.

I am one that believes that our history is important - I have compiled the historical Top Terrier of the Year recipients for our club for the inception of the "big trophy" - click here to see history and check out what breed used to be in the terrier group - you'll have to look at the award winner from 1969!  I will compile other trophy winners when I get a chance.

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment, but please be nice - unpleasant or spam messages will be deleted.