Darwyn Welsh Terrier Website

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Darwyn Welsh Terriers is an approved AKC Breeder of Merit!

I had read about this new AKC program and thought to myself that I do all of the things that they require .... click here for more information about the program.

I am active in the sport of purebred dogs (Canada and US), have titled many of the dogs that I have bred, am active in the Welsh Terrier Club of America, do more health testing (click here for OFFA) than any breed club for my breed requires, register all of my puppies, support people that have one of my dogs with education, and promote the breed - and our purebred dog community.

So, while I am Canadian, I applied.  There is no cost to join - but each application is vetted for merit. 

Today I received a notice from the AKC that I was approved.  This won't change what I am doing, but perhaps it will help encourage others to also do the right things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, but please be nice - unpleasant or spam messages will be deleted.