Darwyn Welsh Terrier Website

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Westminster KC (Feb 2011) photos keep arriving for JOE!

Joe with Milton at Westminster KC 2011
Photo courtesy of Todd Foley
I was remiss in my duties to report on my wonderful experience with Joe (BISS Grand Am Ch & Can Ch. Darwyn's I'm Not Arguing That) and Milton Lopes showing at Madison Square Garden in Feb/11.

So here is a little bit from that experience...

Milton had Joe looking awesome!  So good, in fact, I almost cried because I was so proud to watch how great he looked in the line-up!

I am very grateful for all of the ringside support.  There was so much support and positive words about how beautiful Joe looked, how well he moved, how well he represented the breed and how wonderfully Milton Lopes (Joe's new handler - extraordinaire!) had him conditioned and presented.  The really exciting part for me is that this support came from not only people that I knew well, but acquaintances as well as people that I did not know at all -- including judges that were standing ringside watching!

I was very happy for the owners of the dog that won - what an honor it was for them to represent our breed in the big group ring!  However, I was also very happy to learn that my boy Joe made an impact on people watching around him.

Today I opened up facebook and found that Joe was featured in a wonderful collection of photos from the event, by a photographer that lives on the other side of the continent from me.  This photo above from Todd Foley, in addition to the other stunning ones that I received from Carol Beuchat and Beth Hilborn, help transform a wonderful experience to be an unforgettable one!

Remember, you don't always show to the person in the middle of the ring that has the power to point. 

Take in a quality dog, in great condition and present them well.

Sometimes the people around the ring are just as important as the one in the middle.

PS.  I can't let this blog post finish without mentioning that I am proud to say that both yesterday (Fri) and today (Sat), Joe and Milton won the Terrier Group in Red Deer!  Both judges are terrier breeder judges also!  Click here for results (Fri) and here for (Sat).

I am very grateful to the judges Marilyn Mincey (a previous, and well known, Airedale Terrier breeder) and Lynda Berar (a breeder of quality Miniature Schnauzers of over 40 years!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, but please be nice - unpleasant or spam messages will be deleted.